6.10.13

Prophet Pancakes

Today my family and I watched general conference. I look forward to it twice a year and I'm so excited it's here again! I love hearing talks from the leaders of my church. Last week I asked my 5 year old daughter what she thought we should make for conference day breakfast, because we usually do something special, and she said "prophet pancakes!".  I have never seen it done before but was excited to take on the challenge of creating something as fun as "prophet pancakes".  So this is what I came up with and I'm so happy with how they turned out! This is definitely the beginning of a new conference weekend tradition.  
The picture is pretty self explanatory, but lets break down the components:
Pancake head. Orange slices for ears. Banana eyes and banana tip for nose. Bacon tie.
Coconut hair and eyebrows. Melted chocolate chips for details (Next time- Nutella!). 
Assemble + devour!

This was a big hit with my kids and a fun addition to our conference weekend traditions. 
Maybe next year we'll have the kids design their own and see what fun faces they create!

No comments:

Post a Comment